Frequently Asked Questions
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance for all your auto, mechanical and operational needs.
- Deep clean and road worthy inspection before every pickup/delivery.
- Check-in orientation so you know how to use everything and feel comfortable and confident.
- Everything needed to hook up to water, electric and sewer.
- Propane, toilet paper, paper towels and trash bags.
- Fully stocked kitchen
- K-cup coffee maker
- Pots/pans/oven mit/non stick spray
- Mixing bowls
- Cutting board
- Kitchen and eating utensils
- Wine-beer opener and can opener
- Dish drying rack, soap and brush
- Hand soap
- Broom and dust pan
- A great team of people who know RV's like the back of their hands.
Yes we do. We have a very thorough 3-step process to ensure that every one of our RV's are sanitized to CDC standards before and after each rental.
1 - All kitchenware, appliances and utensils are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each rental.
2 - Each unit receives a professional cleaning of everything inside and outside the RV including door knobs, light switches, controllers, sinks and faucets, mattress covers all done with an antibacterial/antiviral cleaner.
3 - Lastly, we use a commercial fogger to disinfect and sanitize the entire interior, including food-contact surfaces, to eliminate all bacteria, viruses, mold and mildew.
Yes. Although we have liability coverage, which protects you and us from third-party claims of property or bodily injury, you’ll still need your own comprehensive and collision coverage. Just like an auto policy, RV comp/collision insurance protects you in case of fire, theft, an accident, and other types of loss or damage. There are two ways you can get short term insurance for your RV rental:
1 - Ask us for an insurance binder request and you can contact your personal auto insurance provider to see if you are already covered to rent or can buy a binder for a one time fee.
2 - Or you can buy insurance through us, which is provided by Outdoorsy, for a nightly rate fee.
- Reservation deposit (25% of full trip cost) is non-refundable.
- If the renter has paid in full and the booking is cancelled more than 7 days prior to their booking start date, a partial refund of 75% of the full rental amount (minus fees) is issued.
- If the renter cancels less than 7 days prior to booking start date, a partial refund of 50% of the total rental amount (minus fees) is issued.
- Any refund issues will be refunded to the same form of payment that was used to make the reservation.
You may want to bring some other comforts of home like the things on this very general list below.
- For RV's without motors there is no charge for mileage. For RV's with motors you get one hundred (100) miles per day free and then be charged $0.35 per mile thereafter. For example, if you're round trip is 300 miles and your rental is 2 days then you would get 200 miles free and be charged $35.00.
- For all generators you get two (2) hours per day free and then be charged $10.00 per hour thereafter.